Barney HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barney on DVD

4 posters

Go down

Barney on DVD Empty Barney on DVD

Post  BarneyandSonic Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:09 pm

So, it seems we've sunk to a new low. IN 20067and 2008, we got countless clip videos (such as "Dino Mite Birthday", "Animal ABCs" and "Best of Barney"), then this year we got a ton of re-releases of videos that were already on DVD (such as "Super Singing Circus" and "Sing and Dance"). Now, we're getting episode DVDs. What do you guys think they should do?

BarneyandSonic

Back to top Go down

Barney on DVD Empty Re: Barney on DVD

Post  barneythedinofan Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Personally, I'd like to see at least episode videos with episodes from past seasons (pre-Season 7, of course Razz). That or a boxset of B&F.
barneythedinofan
barneythedinofan
Barney the Dinosaur
Barney the Dinosaur

https://barneyhq.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyandhisfriends Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Well, not all of the re-releases were crap. I did like "Fun on Wheels" and "Barney's Christmas Star" for actually having a menu (the original menus had no menu at all). "Sing and Dance with Barney" was good for the music cd. But the rest were crap.

In terms of the episode home videos: terrible idea! Back in '07, I was dissapointed when I found out that "Shake your Dino-Tail" was just two Barney & Friends episodes. Now, they're making more! When I found out about "Barney Egg-cellent Adventures", I was excited. Originally, I thought it was an Easter Special. My hopes were dashed to find that they were three crappy Barney & Friends episodes (Rabbits, Mother Goose, Ducks & Fishes").

Basically, we get one good Home video per year. Personally, I though "Jungle Friends" won for the best home video this year.

If they don't release a box set, at least put more old episodes on Sprout!

barneyandhisfriends

Back to top Go down

Barney on DVD Empty Really?

Post  BarneyandSonic Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:27 pm

When I bought both of the re-releases you mentioned, they were just selves over the older DVDs. I'm pissed off. I should look for those two.

BarneyandSonic

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy66445 Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 am

They should put the Barney & The Backyard Gang episodes on dvd.
Amy66445
Amy66445

Back to top Go down

Post  barneythedinofan Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:55 pm

I know. Same with the B&F episodes. Also, I wouldn't consider the BYG videos "episodes" personally, but to each their own.
barneythedinofan
barneythedinofan
Barney the Dinosaur
Barney the Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post  BarneyandSonic Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Drew, I personally think that a BYG box-set would be a big seller upon nostaliga fans, but I think that B&F would sell even more, since it's what most people knew.

BarneyandSonic

Back to top Go down

Post  barneythedinofan Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:06 am

BarneyandSonic wrote:Drew, I personally think that a BYG box-set would be a big seller upon nostaliga fans, but I think that B&F would sell even more, since it's what most people knew.

I couldn't agree with you more, Ed. I think there would be nostalgia nuts for the early B&F seasons too, though. Think about it, it's profitable, because not only will parents who have to buy Barney products buy it, but so will people who grew up watching the show when Barney and his friends hung in a simple, but awesome schoolyard. Not to mention the classroom and the treehouse. Trust me, I took Economics a couple years ago (in Ninth Grade) and I believed in this cause then as well.
barneythedinofan
barneythedinofan
Barney the Dinosaur
Barney the Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down